This layered salad is a mix of colourful ingredients and so delicious you will want to eat it every day! A fresh, vibrant summer salad makes a great meal or light lunch.
- 7 cups (1.75 L) torn romaine lettuce (You can substitute with spinach, arugula, or any other leafy greens)
- 3 cups (750 mL) cubed cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves
- 1 quart (1 L) fresh strawberries, quartered (3 cups/750 mL)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- In a deep 3-quart salad bowl, place half of the lettuce—layer with chicken, cheese, pecan halves, remaining lettuce, and strawberries.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad.
The most essential ingredient in any recipe is the freshest produce, City Wide Produce can help you with that