This finger food isn’t just delicious but also fun to eat with other people.
FOR THE DIP
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
FOR THE ONION
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 sweet Vidalian onions, peeled with root end intact
- Fresh chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat grill over medium-high. Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, Worcestershire, paprika, and cayenne. Season with salt.
- Make seasoning: In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, paprika, cayenne, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt.
- Cut the stem off the onion and place flat side down. Cut 1/2″ from the root down into 12 to 16 sections, making sure not to cut through the root. Flip over and pull sections of onion out gently to separate petals. Sprinkle all over with the cheese-spice mixture.
- Drizzle onions with oil and grill covered until tender and lightly charred, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with dipping sauce.
The most important ingredient in any recipe is the freshest produce; City Wide Produce can help you with that.